The objectives of the San Fulgencio Men’s Shed:
To promote social inclusion for the public benefit by preventing people (particularly, but not exclusively, older men), within San Fulgencio and the surrounding area, from becoming socially excluded, relieving the needs of those people who are socially excluded and assisting them to integrate into society through the provision of facilities in which they can meet jointly or individually to undertake creative, physical or recreational activities, learn or pass on skills and knowledge and support each other socially. For the purpose of this clause 'socially excluded' means being excluded from society, or parts of society, as a result of one or more of the following factors: unemployment; financial hardship; youth or old age; ill health (physical or mental).
Aims of the San Fulgencio Men’s Shed:
- 1. We believe strongly in the dignity, uniqueness and equality of every human being.
- 2. We wish to promote the development of people in a society where many fail to reach their potential.
- 3. The San Fulgencio Men’s shed will work towards a future where all have the opportunity to improve and maintain their health and well being by participating in a community Men’s Shed.
- 4. We believe each group of people should be encouraged and supported to realise their own potential and to take responsibility and ownership of their own project and it’s possibilities.
- 5. We see the passing on of skills, traditional and new as a key aspect of the work. Everyone should see themself as a teacher and a learner. Different people will posses varying degrees of skills professional and practical which will encourage the community learning possibilities. Each person will bring their own particular individuality, skills and limiations to the Shed and should be fully respected and acknowledged. There should be a clear anti-bullying policy.
- 6. We are not affiliated to any political or religious group, and are non profit making.